Discover all the healthy reasons to drink 2 liters of water a day, the best way to bet on your health.
Drinking 2 liters of water a day is the best way to take care of hydration and gain health. But why exactly 2 liters? Drinking water is essential, and not only when we are thirsty. However, do we really know what are the benefits of drinking water and the consequences of not doing so? Approximately 60% of our body is water, that is the key, but there are many more reasons to drink between 8-10 glasses of water per day. Keep reading and discover the benefits of hydrating.
A good hydration improves the elasticity of the skin and helps the kidneys to perform their function more effectively. Hydration to which we must pay special attention in the months of more heat, being advisable, as advice, always carry a small bottle of water on top. Heat stroke can have serious health consequences.
Why is it important to drink two liters of water?
We do not always give enough importance to drinking water, and while for some it is a pleasure and they even need to constantly hydrate, for others it is a habit that they sometimes neglect. However, there are no excuses, being essential for the health of our body to drink at least two liters of water a day.
During a whole day, we lose approximately 1,450 milliliters of water between urine, sweat, physical activity, feces or breathing. Therefore, to maintain the stability of water in the body it is necessary to drink at least 2 liters per day. Water that reports benefits such as:
- Drinking water regularly is also important to maintain hair health, strength, shine and elasticity.
- Water is a source of health for the skin and to ensure its firmness since hydration prevents wrinkles.
- Water helps keep nails in perfect condition and show perfect hands throughout the year.
- Losing weight, since drinking water before meals mitigates the feeling of anxiety, reduces appetite and helps metabolize accumulated fat.
- Water provides the body with the minerals and oxygen our cells need.
- Water helps the best functioning of the kidney and liver, two of the essential organs in the human body.
- It helps to eliminate toxins and harmful particles from our body.
- Improves physical performance, because it keeps the muscles hydrated.
Consequences of poor hydration
What happens if we are not well hydrated? If we do not drink enough water:
- Our body cannot perform correctly the different chemical reactions that occur when ingesting water and how beneficial they are to our health.
- Poor hydration makes us more vulnerable to diseases such as asthma, allergies, chronic pain in different parts of the body, migraines, colitis, back and leg pain.
- Chronic or severe dehydration cells may increase the risk of diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson ‘s or multiple sclerosis among others. This is because the cells do not have enough hydration and lack necessary minerals such as sodium among others.
- Not being sufficiently hydrated can favor problems such as overweight, cholesterol, diabetes, stress, depression, chronic fatigue, and other pathologies.
Do not you think there are enough reasons to drink water? We should not wait until we are thirsty to drink a little water, much less in times of intense heat. Get used to drinking at least 2 liters of water a day and presume good health.