- Drake has been banned from fraternizing with any A.S. Roma soccer players, according to a current club tweet.
- There’s a wild theory that the popular Canadian rap artist is unfortunate when it concerns sports.
- Whenever he is seen cheering on a team or professional athlete, they wind up losing.
- The Italian soccer club says Drake isn’t permitted anywhere near its gamers as it intends to receive next season’s UEFA Champions League competition.
- Poor Drake.
- Learn More of Organisation Expert’s coverage for the 2018-2019 season here
- See Service Insider’s homepage for more stories
The theory that Drake jinxes professional athletes whenever he is photographed with them, or curses sports teams whenever he supports them, declines to disappear.
Italian soccer club AS Roma has actually even banned its players from fraternizing the rap artist, as it relatively does not want anything– regular or paranormal– obstructing of its hunt for a qualification spot into next season’s lucrative UEFA Champions League competitors.
The Champions League is Europe’s grandest soccer tournament, and its winner could end up $75 million richer in prize money alone. It is fair to say Roma wants its gamers focused as the team is presently fifth in the Serie A, and need to complete 4th or greater if it is to reach next season’s Champions League.
One method to remain focused is to remain clear of Drake, apparently.
In PSG’s next match, the dominant Ligue 1 leader suffered a defeat– just its second of the season– when it got humbled 5-1 by Lille.
In a tweet published today, Roma reacted by stating: “All Roma players prohibited from taking photos with Drake up until the end of the season.”
Roma is renowned for its viral social media technique, and has actually gone viral before for mocking Mark Wahlberg’s daily routine with it’s own brutal 2.30 a.m. to 8 p.m. schedule.
Therefore, it’s likely Roma’s post is a Twitter stunt, rather than real club policy.
Regardless, the Drake curse appears to be a very genuine thing.
After all, Drake has actually vowed support to the University of Kentucky and the Toronto Raptors in the past, but neither basketball group has actually taken pleasure in champion success given that.
Drake’s curse transcended basketball and penetrated battle sports when he was photographed holding the Irish flag up for his good friend Conor McGregor at the UFC weigh-in for the Khabib Nurmagomedov battle at UFC 229 in October,2018 However McGregor was conclusively beaten and submitted in the fourth round of a wild fight.